It seems like the entire world has suddenly moved online. Especially in a world struggling with a pandemic and a need to do things online, everyone relies on various digital channels for communication, information, shopping and entertainment. The online world has fast become a crucial part of everyday life. Of all the marketing techniques used digitally, email marketing is often ranked as a top contributor to marketing ROI. Here’s why:
- Email offers an almost unbeatable ROI: Marketers often prefer email marketing because it is effective and cost-efficient. Research shows email marketing generates over R30 for every R1 spent, and some companies see an ROI as high as R75 for every R1 spent.
- Email connects digital marketing techniques: Almost every marketing effort you invest in can be promoted via email. Creating content for your blog? Launching a social media contest? Looking to drive traffic to your website? Inviting your audience to an event? All of these can and should be, facilitated by email. No matter what kind of digital marketing you do, email is often at the centre of it all.
- Email connects with more consumers than social media: Social media use is constantly growing, but it still doesn’t quite compare with email use. More consumers use email and rely on it in their daily communication than ever before. Here are some stats by OptinMonster to support this:
- Emails have a longer lifespan than social posts: Email provides a trusted and continuous way to stay connected with your audience. Yes, you can reach your audience through various social media channels too, but the lifespan of social posts fades quickly while emails remain in an inbox until they’re deleted.
- Email is a way to send personalised messages to customers: Personalisation goes way beyond adding a subscriber’s name to the subject line. You can now segment emails, create tailored messages, dynamically change content based on the subscriber’s preferences, and insert more personal fields like job titles and locations. This kind of personalised marketing is one of the best ways to both grow your base of new clients while ensuring an unsurpassed customer experience for your current clients. Knowing your customer and sending relevant, targeted messages has become the ultimate benchmark of a successful marketer.
- You’re not in control of the relationship and that’s okay: More than 75% of people prefer email marketing because they’re in control of the relationship. For your customers, email is a refreshing break from intrusive social media ads. Why? Because if they see something they don’t like, they can simply unsubscribe.
- Everyone uses email: By 2022, Radicati estimates that 4.25 billion email users will maintain 1.86 email accounts on average. As of 2019, 4.33 billion people have internet access worldwide and 3.93 billion use email.
An email address is required to do most things online, like signing up for your favourite social media channel or online banking. This means that almost everyone with internet access has a valid email address (or two).
With all of this in mind, email becomes a highly important component of your digital marketing mix. Companies that don’t adopt an effective email approach to their database of clients are going to struggle to remain ahead of their competition.
Get in touch with us and let us help you win with your email marketing.