One of the most frequently asked questions by companies is “how do I grow my email database?”. There isn’t one easy and simple answer to this. The fact of the matter is that growing an engaged and valuable email list is not an easy process. It takes time and effort, so let’s dive right in and see what you can do to grow your email database.
The golden rule: Do not purchase an email database. It’s 2021, no one should be purchasing a database. Purchased lists result in high spam complaints, damaged sending reputations and what’s worse can damage your company’s reputation.
You will want to spend your time and effort growing your database organically and there are a number of things that you can do to effectively grow your email list.
- Add a signup button/form to your website.
Use your website traffic as a way to grow your database by encouraging people who visit your website to sign up to your database. You don’t need to hide your sign up form at the bottom of your website but find a way to add it somewhere on your website where people can easily see it.
- Make use of Facebook:
Almost every single business today will have a Facebook page and why not use your current Facebook audience as well as new audiences to grow your email database? Here are a few things you can do on Facebook to build your database:
- Change the button on your Facebook page to sign up, and direct people to your email sign-up form.
- Create a post enticing your followers to sign up to your database. Showing them snippets of exclusive content is a great way to do this. ”Complete this form and we will email you the full template”
- Boost your post to reach new audiences.
- Run Facebook lead ads and use a tool like Zapier to ensure all sign-ups feed directly into your TouchBasePro account.
- Make use of LinkedIn:
- Use of LinkedIn Lead Gen forms
- Use LinkedIn Groups to market your business and encourage sign-ups to your database. Again using snippets of exclusive content, requiring an email address for the full content piece is a great way to grow your audience.
- Use other social channels:
- Add a link to your sign up form to your Instagram bio
- Run competitions/ contests on all your channels. But keep in mind that different platforms have different audiences. So what works on LinkedIn (a professional network) may not necessarily gain as much traction on Facebook and vice versa.
- Host Twitter chats
- Use gated content:
If you have valuable information to offer your current or potential customers then look at gating that content. All a customer then needs to do is provide you with their email in exchange for your content. It’s a win-win for both of you!
- Send amazing emails
By sending your subscribers amazing email content they are going to stay subscribed and this will help in maintaining your email database. Customers who enjoy your emails are also more likely to share and forward your emails on to their friends and family.
If you’d like assistance growing your email database, get in touch, we’d be happy to help! 🙂