In our previous blog, we looked at how email marketing helps benefit your Black Friday and Cyber Monday offers. Email marketing is a crucial part of your marketing efforts, especially for Black Friday. One of the best ways to ensure you get the most out of your email marketing is by effectively segmenting your database. We’re going to be looking at five reasons as to why you should be using segmentation for all your Black Friday email campaigns.
- One size doesn’t fit all. Each and every one of your customers is unique and should be treated differently based on the products or services they are interested in. Segment your database based on customer preferences and you’ll find that your engagement and return on investment will start to increase.
- Avoid inundating your subscribers. Let’s face it, we all receive hundreds of emails each day so by sending email campaigns that are relevant and targeted to your specific segments you can avoid inundating your subscribers with emails that may not interest them. This will help in keeping your subscribers active and engaged and help improve your sending reputation too!
- Guide your customers through your sales funnel. Each of your customers is in different parts of your sales funnel and sending them a mass communication isn’t necessarily going to help you to move them through this funnel. Through segmentation, you can guide each customer through your sales funnel and easily convert them.
- Personalisation is key. 74% of marketers say targeted personalization increases customer engagement. – eConsultancy. Through segmentation, you can offer your customers a more personal experience. By targeting select parts of your database your customer will feel more valued and are more likely to engage with your emails.
- Dollar dollar. Overall by sending segmented and tailored emails you are going to build stronger relationships with your customers. Your personalised emails are more likely to be opened and engaged with which overall will increase the chance that your customer will make a purchase, and when it comes to Black Friday the ultimate is to get your customers buying.
Now that you know the importance of using segmentation, let’s take a look at some segmentation tips:
- Use dynamic content: dynamic content lets you determine who sees what content within an email. Basically, you can show different email contents to different segments. With TouchBasePro, you can create multiple versions of the same email that’s personalized for different sets of subscribers based on the information you have about them.
- Make use of automation: send the right email at the right time with automation. Set up triggers that will send automated emails when your customers take a particular action. For example, if a customer clicks on a particular product in a campaign you can send them more information on that product in a couple of hours.
- Use a preference centre: we can’t always get all the information we want from a customer when we first interact with them so make use of your preference centre and encourage your customers to update their details, this way you can get more information about your subscribers. Once you’ve got the information you need you can start to send segmented and personalised email campaigns.
Contact us if you’d like any assistance with segmentation and your email marketing. We’d love to hear from you and help you get the most out of your email marketing!