Based on Return on Investment (ROI), email marketing is generally known as the best online marketing channel. The numbers speak for themselves, you typically get around $38 for every $1 spent. But this is often the only statistic people know about email marketing, and there’s a lot more to it. To get a better picture of why email marketing is so profitable, here are our 10 email marketing stats every marketer should know.
- Transactional emails receive 8x more opens and clicks on average compared to any other types of email. They typically also generate 6x more revenue. – Experian.
- Email marketing providers are becoming more and more popular. 56% of companies currently use an email marketing provider. – VentureBeat.
- The rise of mobile is evident throughout the online marketing industry from website to social media and now email marketing. The guys at Campaign Monitor have found that about 53% of emails are opened on mobile devices. – Campaign Monitor.
- In 2015, 75% of Gmail’s 900M users accessed their accounts via mobile devices. – TechCrunch.
- Email personalization is all about emails that recipients can relate to, which in turn leads to more opens, clicks and conversions. The guys at Aberdeen have found that personalized email messages improve click-through rates by an average of 14% and conversions by 10%. – Aberdeen.
- Emails with personalized subject lines are 26% more likely to be opened, as opposed to something generic. – Campaign Monitor.
- Due to the fact that it is a bit more personal, 2% people prefer to receive promotional content through email, compared to 17% who prefer social media. – MarketingSherpa.
- Marketers have noted a 760% increase in revenue from segmented campaigns. – Campaign Monitor.
- The total number of worldwide email accounts is expected to increase to over 4.3 billion accounts by year-end 2016. – Radicati Group.
- On average, employees spend 13 of their working hours each week in their email inbox. – McKinsey & Company.
Now you have some amazing stats to impress your boss with. For the guys in sales, these are amazing stats to share with clients. They can definitely help close a deal.